Monday, July 30, 2012

One more week to go

Alright, I'll admit it, at this point I truly am homesick... and I can't find a cure. At this point we have two days left in Chennai, 4 days traveling, and Sunday night (India time) we leave for the U.S.A.

I'm trying really hard to embrace the last week and make it worthwhile, but even shopping isn't cheering me up at this point. There's nothing different/worse about India, in fact it's even better now that classes are done. But the need to hug my mom, eat something tasteful, and be in an area that isn't overly populated, is outweighing my excitement.

On top of this ache in my heart, our presentation is tomorrow morning at 11am and I couldn't possibly be more nervous. I've lost all and any motivation I have for school work because all I want to do these days is talk to my family.

I'm sticking it out and staying as happy and positive as I can, but the next week can't go by fast enough.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how you feel. When I travel to the US, this is how I feel exactly. I have to get home, to my room, to my favorite food, etc. Knowing that you will be home, enjoy the last week here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you leave India, you will definitely gonna miss us.And yes, we had very nice time with you. I think we earned a lifetime friend as you. Thank you, Brittany. We all will love and miss you. NMS Friends..(: :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany, just read your blog. It was a fun perspective on India. Thank you for being so open and natural.

    ReplyDelete